Sunday, October 28, 2012

Youtube... Beatuiful Losers Cont.

To start I'd like you all to listen to some guitar that was featured in Breaking Bad.


I finished Beautiful Losers today. I wasn't as inspired by the ending as I was by the beginning. I must have turned it off right around the end of the climax thus leaving my previous viewing uninspired.

The artists discussed exactly what became of their art and friendship and passion. They went over the commercial aspect of the industry. It wasn't anything different from where they came from really... Most of them started with making magazines or skateboard decks or signs...

My father was a chef. He taught me incredible things. Most importantly he taught me to take pride me in my work not just as a cook but as an artist. When you serve someone food you are not just serving them the food but also the presentation. It is why ketchup is red and not purple and why margarine was originally sent with a dye pack that you broke so it became yellow like butter. It is why they add pink dye to beef in the grocery store. Because we are driven by beauty and by what looks good.

I watched two shorts out of a three part movie entitled The Fourth Dimension (how three directors interact with the task of make a short about the fourth dimension). Harmony Korine of the Spring Breakers fame directed the first part and it stars Val Kilmer. Aleksei Fedorchenko directs the second short and is shot in Russian.


How do we interact with space and time? Albert Einstein said, "Take a point, stretch it into a line, curl it into a circle, twist it into a sphere, and punch through the sphere." What does this mean? Hawking described it as the universe operating in and of itself completely self-contained essentially not doing anything other than being. This idea that the past, present, and future don't exist. We exist on a non-linear plane. Time is an invention. 

I describe things not nearly as well as someone else can. 

I put it into the idea that the fourth dimension is where God exists.

Okay, moving on...

Inspiration is coming and going. Waxing and waning. I am becoming more content with where I am. This is my ninth post. I am becoming comfortable with this.

Here's Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd to finish the post off.

No comments:

Post a Comment